SFA 11/12-02 Motion for the Establishment of a UO Board of Trustees
SFA 11/12-02: Motion for the Establishment of a UO Board of Trustees, Senate Executive Committee presented by Professor Peter Keyes, Architecture
The UO Faculty Assembly directs the Senate Executive Committee, or an ad hoc Senate Committee to be appointed by the Senate President, to initiate negotiations with State Legislative leaders and the Oregon State Board of Higher Education, leading to the appointment of a University of Oregon Board of Trustees.
The scope of issues to be engaged in the discussion of the powers of this board shall include, but shall not be limited to:
1. The composition and appointment process of the Board
2. Operational oversight of the University
3. Setting of tuition and fees
4. Budgetary control
5. Contract negotiations and contract authority
6. Bonding authority
7. Acquisition of property
8. Status of legal counsel
9. Construction buildings
10. Authority over the hiring and firing of president of UO.
11. Hiring and personnel policies for faculty and staff