US07/08-9 to add 3 classified staff senators with voting priviledges to the UO Senate
US07/08-9 to add 3 classified staff senators with voting priviledges to the UO SenateMoved that:
- Section 4.13 of the Senate Enabling Legislation is amended to read:
- 4.13 Three classified staff shall be elected to serve in the University Senate. Classified staff Senators shall have the same rights as other Senators, including full voting privileges, and shall abide by all regulations adopted by the University Senate for its members. The Secretary shall arrange for the election of the classified staff Senators following election and eligibility procedures for officers of administration as described in the University Senate enabling legislation sections 3, 4, and 5.
- US01/02-5, which added 3 non-voting classified staff participants to the UO Senate, is repealed.
- These changes are effective as of the first meeting of the 2008-2009 University Senate and brings the total number of voting Senators to fifty one (51).
- An earlier version of this motion US06/07-2 was introduced for Senate Action 8 November 2006. It was withdrawn by the maker, Senator Tublitz. The current motion has been introduced by Senator Gilkey for action at the 9 January 2008 UO Senate meeting.
- See email from Ed Singer 14 December 2007 concerning this motion.
- See email from Mandy Chong 17 December 2007 concerning this motion.
- See email from Star Holmberg 4 January 2008 concerning this motion.
- See Letter 9 January 2008 from General Counsel Melinda Grier concerning classified staff motion US07/08-9
- See Opinion dated 22 January 2008 of the DOJ on classified staff representation together with Email from General Counsel Grier giving permission to post the DOJ opinion.
- Passed at the 13 February 2008 meeting of the UO Senate.
|Web page spun on 13 February 2008 by Peter B Gilkey 202 Deady Hall, Department of Mathematics at the University of Oregon, Eugene OR 97403-1222, U.S.A. Phone 1-541-346-4717 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org of Deady Spider Enterprises|