Information on the Faculty Personnel Committee
The Faculty Personnel Committee (FPC) consists of 10 tenured Officers of Instruction who are also voting faculty members. Decisions on promotion and tenure at the university level are, in part, made by this committee.
Nominees must be tenured officers of instruction. The following are ineligible for nomination: the president, the provost, vice presidents, vice provosts, associate or assistant vice provosts and vice presidents, deans, associate deans or their equivalent. The term of office is two years, June 16, 2003 - June 15, 2005.
No more than one person from the same department in any School or College with departments shall serve at the same time on the FPC; no more than one person from any School or College without Departments may serve at the same time on the FPC. No person shall serve simultaneously on the Faculty Advisory Council and the Faculty Personnel Committee.
ELIGIBILITY from CAS: The candidates must be tenured and officers of instruction. No two persons from the same CAS department may serve on the FPC at the same time. Thus no person from Psychology or English may be nominated. In addition, department heads are ineligible.
ELIGIBILITY from professional schools/colleges: The candidates must be tenured and officers of instruction. No two persons from the same professional school or college may serve on the FPC at the same time. Thus no person from Music or Art may be nominated this year.
No person may serve simultaneously on the FAC and FPC. Faculty who have served two of the past three years on the FPC are ineligible to serve.
Members in recent years:
- Terms expiring in June 1994 or June 1995: V. Chandler, R. Degge, J. Diethelm, R. Kellett, J. Miller, J. Mooney,T. Palmer, C. Silverman, A. Wolfe, M.Wybourne, S. Richmond, W. Washburn
- Terms expiring in June 1997: H. Gernon, M. Gleason,B. Gordon-Lickey, R. Kyr, J. O'FallonB. Shelton
- Terms expiring in June 1998: B. Branchaud, V. Cartwright, J. Fracchia, P. Gilkey
- Terms expiring in June 1999: J. Stockard (Chair), L Harris (Vice Chair), D. Blandy, D. Trombley
- Terms expiring in June 2000: P. Bartlein, S. Durrant, R. Frey, Ed Kameenui, L. Steeves, K. Stevens
- Terms expiring in June 2001: Patricia Gwartney, David Herrick, Lisa Kloppenberg,Steven Lowenstam, Terry O'Keefe, Jenny Young
- Terms expiring in June 2002: Eugene Luks, Jeff Cina, Janet Wasko, Jeffrey Williams, Wes Wilson
- Terms expiring in June 2003: Tom Bivins, Mark Johnson, N.C. Phillips, Jim Terborg, Jim Tice
- Terms expiring in June 2004: Dare Baldwin (Psychology), Diane Dugaw (English), Tom Dyke (Chemistry), Randall Moore (Music), Ying Tan (Art)
CAS -- 2 positions open (but not from Chemistry, Psychology or English)
Prof. schools/colleges -- 3 positions open (but not from Music or Art)
|Web page spun on 16 April 2003 by Peter B Gilkey 202 Deady Hall, Department of Mathematics at the University of Oregon, Eugene OR 97403-1222, U.S.A. Phone 1-541-346-4717 Email:email@example.com of Deady Spider Enterprises|