Alex Bisio Candidate Statement 2020

I am the Lead Processing Archivist in Special Collections and University Archives at the University of Oregon’s Knight Library. I hold a duel masters degree in Library Science, with an emphasis in Archives Management, and History from Simmons College. I have been at the Knight Library since Summer 2017, and held previous positions at the Jesuit Archives and Research Center in Saint Louis, Missouri, the University of California, Irvine Special Collections and Archives, Boston College’s John J. Burns Library, and the Harvard University Archives.
While I have not served at the university level, I serve on committees within the University of Oregon Libraries, and am currently the co-chair of the Grants and Awards Committee. I am also an active member of several regional and national professional organizations, including the Society of American Archivists, Northwest Archivists, Inc., Orbis Cascade Alliance, and the Midwest Archivist Conference.
I am particularly interested in issues of equity in education and research, and hope to focus on projects related to equity as part of the University Senate.