Location: EMU 145 & 146 (Crater Lake rooms)
3:00 – 5:00 P.M.
All times are estimates.
3:00 P.M. Call to order
- Introductory Remarks; Senate President Bill Harbaugh
3:10 PM Approval of Minutes
- February 13, 2019 and April 24, 2019
3:11 PM Business / Reports:
- Update: Knight Campus and Bioengineering program; Patrick Phillips (Biology, Advisor to the President)
- Report: Data Science Initiative; Bill Cresko (Biology, Office of the Provost)
- Discuss: US18/19-18: Enhancing Engagement in Academic Governance; Elizabeth Skowron (Psychology, Senate VP)
- Discuss: US18/19-20: Policy on Hiring and Promotion of Academic Administrators; Bill Harbaugh (Economics, Senate President)
- Discuss: US18/19-19: Core Ed Distribution Requirements; Chris Sinclair (Mathematics)
- Senate VP Elections: solicitation of self-nominees, election process, compensation; Bill Harbaugh (Economics, Senate President)
- Report on Research Metrics and Faculty Tracking Software; Scott Pratt (Executive Vice Provost) and Ellen Herman (History, Office of the Provost)
- Legislative Update; Melanie Muenzer (Assoc VP Vice Provost of Academic Initiatives)
4:35 PM Open Discussion
4:36 PM Other Reports
4:37 PM Notice(s) of Motion
4:40 PM Other Business
- Executive Session: Honorary Degrees
5:00 PM Adjourn to Faculty Club, all invited!