Location: EMU 145 & 146 CRATER LAKE Rooms
3:00 PM Call to Order
Bill Harbaugh (Economics & Senate President)
Approval of Minutes for Nov 16, 2016 – (postpone until Jan 18)
3:10 PM New Business
- Vote: US16/17-10: Approval of Curriculum Report, Fall Term 2016; Frances White (Anthropology), Chair of UO Committee on Courses
- Vote: US16/17-04: Revise Charge and Name of IAC Committee; Andy Karduna (Human Physiology)
3:40 PM Reports
- Update on Accreditation update: Ron Bramhall (AVP for Academic Excellence).
- IFS & PAC12-ALC: Robert Kyr (Music)
- Governor’s Campus Safety Workup Report; Robert Kyr (Music)
- IT Reorganization; Greg Bryant (College of Ed)
3:55 Open Discussion
A “facilitated conversation” on General Education; Charles Blaich and Kathy Wise from the Wabash Center of Inquiry (http://www.liberalarts.wabash.edu/). They have conducted empirical research designed to learn what teaching practices, programs, and institutional structures support liberal arts education, and develop methods of assessing liberal arts education. Sponsored by Lisa Freinkel and Ron Bramhall.
4:55PM Notice(s) of Motion
4:57PM Other Business