- Chair: Elected from the committee membership and designated as a member of the Academic Council
- Convener: Office of the Provost Ex Officio member
Election Schedule for the Chair: At the first meeting in Fall term each year
- 1 elected faculty from CAS Humanities
- 1 elected faculty from CAS Natural Sciences
- 1 elected faculty from CAS Social Sciences
- 3 elected faculty from the professional schools (no two from the same college or school)
- 4 appointed faculty from CAS At-Large. Appointed by the Committee on Committees. At least 2 At-Large members shall be appointed each year from areas on the agenda from that year. For instance, if the BA/BS requirement is on the agenda, 2 At-Large members shall be appointed from math and language.
- 2 Undergraduate Students chosen in consultation with the ASUO
- 1 Graduate Student with teaching experience chosen in consultation with the GTFF and GSA
Note: No two faculty members - elected and appointed - can be from the same department or professional school.
Per US18/19-18, beginning Fall term 2019, 1 faculty senator will be appointed to serve as a link between the Core Education Council and the University Senate.
A quorum must be present for voting. A quorum shall consist of a majority of the voting faculty members on the council.
Ex-Officio, voting members
- Chair or designee from UO Committee on Courses (UOCC)
- Chair or designee from Undergraduate Council
Ex-Officio, non-voting members
- Provost or designee
- Registrar or designee
- Vice Provost/Dean of Undergraduate Studies
- Associate Vice Provost for Student Success
- Associate Vice Provost from Office of the Provost
- Teaching Engagement Program director
Terms and Workload
Length of Term
- Non-Students (faculty, OA's, OR's, Classified): 3 years, staggered
- Students: 1 year
- Ex Officio: indefinite
- Appointed Faculty Senator: 2 years
- For the Chair: none
- For committee members: none
- Ex Officio: none
- For committee members: 40 - 60 hours/year (Tier 1)