a) Chair: elected from the committee membership
b) Convener: None
c) Staff: Curriculum Coordinator in the Office of the Provost
Election Schedule for Chair: First meeting of fall term (chair shall serve through the summer).
- 7-9 teaching faculty, no two from the same department, nor more than two from the same school or college (except CAS), no more than two from any one of the three CAS subdivisions of Natural Sciences, Humanities, and Social Sciences.
- 2 students, one undergraduate and one graduate
A quorum must be present for voting, and shall consist of a majority of the voting members.
Ex-Officio, voting members
Ex-Officio, non-voting members
- Catalog editor or designee
- Director of Academic Advising or designee
- University Registrar or designee
- Dean of the Graduate School or designee
Terms and Workload
Length of Term
- Non-Students (faculty, OA's, OR's, Classified): 3 years, staggered
- Students: 1 year
- Ex Officio: indefinite
- Appointed faculty senator: 2 years
- For the Chair: [Tier1+] 80 hours or more per year. The chair (or designee) is an ex officio, voting member of the Academic Council [Tier 3]
- For Committee members: [Tier 1] 50 hours/year or more.